mHUB Startup Programs & Education Associate
mHUB is actively recruiting a full-time position, Startup Programs and Education Associate. This position will support the Director of Programs and Engagement in scaling entrepreneurial and technical programs designed to accelerate startups and small businesses in physical product innovation. Leading efforts to design the roadmap for building a sustainable hardtech business, this role will support the design and digitization of our core entrepreneurial curriculum, work with technical staff to coordinate technical training to complement current offerings, and support strategies to reach new audiences. This role is central in creating an integrated, continuous learning system through virtual and on-demand courses, workshops and seminars, a crucial part of our efforts to increase access and participation thus driving stronger diversity, equity, and inclusion in the innovation, hardtech, and entrepreneurial ecosystems.
This is the perfect opportunity to help shape first-hand the future of the programs that will impact the growth of our diverse community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
We are looking for a self-starter, motivated and creative thinker with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about the technology world. They should be eager to take initiative and learn new technologies and should have the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
This position is open immediately.
Description of Responsibilities
The Startup Programs & Education Associate is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Programs and Engagement with primary responsibilities including the following:
Building a Hardtech Business Roadmap
- Design and refine overall programming roadmap for learners in hardtech, physical product entrepreneurship
- Identify any curricular disparities and create new content by partnering with leaders in the hardtech and entrepreneurial ecosystem with a particular focus on technical entrepreneurial training
- Produce the digital content to deliver asynchronously through the NovoEd platform
- Work with prototyping technical staff to upgrade training offerings, integrating into larger hardtech startup roadmap
- Develop and support digital curriculum promotion and engagement strategy with current members, community partners, and beyond to drive a more engagement and inclusion from diverse populations.
- Support shop in community engagement efforts including but not limited to student tours, FIRST robotics liaison, student engagement etc.
Administration and Impact
- Develop a system for tracking, measuring, and reporting efficacy and impact
- Continuous quality improvement and long-term strategies for reaching larger audiences
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience developing, overseeing and executing projects and associated deliverables.
- A basic knowledge of current higher education practice, theory, and research, as well as best practices in student success program implementation.
- Practice in designing education programming, ideally related to entrepreneurship and/or product development.
- Experience in digital curriculum development and/or video production preferred.
- A passion for civic engagement that provides impact and growth for the region.
- Intimate knowledge and relationships with the Chicagoland technology and innovation ecosystem.
- Strong strategic leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with various leadership/staff levels and industry expertise.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in prototyping, metal work, woodwork, 3D printing, etc. a plus.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Please apply here by June 25th