mHUB Member Startup Engagement & Acceleration Associate
mHUB is actively recruiting the full-time position of Startup Engagement & Acceleration Associate. This position will support the Director of Programs and Engagement with the execution and development of member engagement initiatives to drive member venture acceleration. This role is critical in supporting the growth and acceleration of more than 280+ active startup companies. As the main point of contact, advocacy, and navigation for the community’s entrepreneurs, this person will be on the front lines of physical product innovation.
This is the perfect opportunity to contribute to Chicago’s thriving tech ecosystem as we look to rebuild the local economy post-pandemic. This role will help shape first-hand the future of mHUB’s resources and services that impact the growth of our diverse community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
We are looking for a self-starter, motivated and creative thinker with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about the technology world. The ideal candidate should be eager to take initiative, learn new technologies and have the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
This position is open immediately.
Description of Responsibilities
The Member Startup Engagement & Acceleration Associate is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Programs and Engagement with primary responsibilities including the following:
Venture Acceleration and Engagement
- Build a venture acceleration/technical assistance strategy for the hardtech companies in the community by building a strong understanding of member teams, their needs, and opportunities to help navigate mHUB resources and networks.
- Oversee new member onboarding and offboarding, community integration and navigation
- Lead member engagement activities and strategies that bring the community together in informal and formal ways
- Oversee mHUB’s member communications strategy and virtual community engagement to strategically activate the member community through bi-weekly newsletters, Slack community communication, member portal management, etc.
- Support curation of member engagement with contracted Entrepreneurs/Manufacturers/Engineers in Residence
- Act as the main point of contact for daily requests and problem solving for member companies
- Oversee and support of mHUB’s CRM, Peoplevine – including member data tracking and billing process
- Lead member data collection through our annual member survey feedback process and data analysis and assist other departments in gathering data on the community as needed
- Oversee operations of the building’s front desk
- Other tasks as needed
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Business degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of experience developing, overseeing, and executing projects and associated deliverables
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience with CRM database preferred
- A passion for civic engagement that provides impact and growth for the region
- Strong strategic leadership and project management skills
- Intimate knowledge and relationships with the Chicagoland technology and innovation ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with various leadership/staff levels and industry expertise
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, click here.