Financial Modeling Basics Webinar
Looking to raise money while running your business more efficiently? Basics of Financial Modeling, taught by Troy Henikoff of MATH Ventures, will explore how to build, manage, and scale your business's financial model. ** Registration will close down on SATURDAY, APRIL 11th, so you are able to complete the required pre-class assignment by SUNDAY, APRIL 12th. **
Thursday, April 2, 2020
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Central Standard Time)
mHUB Event Space
mHub 965 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60642 Get Directions
Open to the Public
This event has ended.
Pre-class assignment required for attendance. Assignment will be sent out to registered participants one week prior to the class and is it due on SUNDAY, APRIL 13th. ** Registration will close down on SATURDAY, APRIL 11th, so you are able to complete the required pre-class assignment by SUNDAY, APRIL 13th. **
Looking to raise money while running your business more efficiently? Financial modeling basics will explore how to build, manage, and scale your business's financial model.
- Build your very own financial model.
- Understand how to make financially informed decisions on fundraising, hiring, and growing your business.
- Continuously validate that your product is a viable business with market fit.
Assignment from Troy (in his words):
• Spend 15 minutes in Google figuring out WTF a "Financial Model" is
• Spend 15 minutes thinking about why it would be valuable for YOUR business and specifically what you want to model (hint: having the right "unit model" is KEY to making it all work)
• Spend 60 - 90 minutes building a financial model for your business. (Please do NOT use a template, but build your model from scratch with the inputs and outputs YOU think are most valuable, in the end, it will save you a LOT of time. I always start from scratch, I never even re-use my own models as I have learned the hard way that re-working an old model takes longer to get right than starting with a clean slate.)
• Send it to Troy (troy.henikoff@MATHVenturePartners.com) by 3:00pm on Sunday, 4/13!