NoMo Diagnostics is a concussion detection platform company spun out of Columbia University leveraging a brain-computer interface that will identify brain injury in real-time as contact sport athletes and military personnel encounter mechanical forces to the head that may lead to trauma. The technology enabled by novel biosensors, a miniaturized quantitative electroencephalogram, and integrated software with telemetry functionality will monitor brain health and send an alert to the sideline or military command when a concussion is detected. We are pursuing an FDA approval for the technology.
A key "Swiss Army knife" engineering leadership position primarily responsible for conceptualization, execution, and leadership of medical devuce system component, technology, or sub-assembly development. In this position you will have responsibility for coordinating product design, project scope, features, and functional requirements. You will maintain interface with academic co-founders, external contract developers, and internal team to ensure smooth development through all testing phases (system integration, verification, and validation). Your compliance to current medical device design control guidance is critical to the ultimate regulatory approval of the product.
Factors for success in this role are directly linked to taking in user-centered research, translating into design specifications while ensuring regulatory requirements are met. A deep appreciation for protecting patient information through a combination of device and companion software with secure data management is essential.
Additionally, you will be challeneged to grow the intellectual property portfolio of the company.
- BS in Biomedical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience
- General understanding of medical device development
- Ability to rapidly prototype real features in a startup environment
- Working knowledge of U.S. and international standards as applicable to medical device development
- Product development experience including concept through production, incorporating DFMA, FMEA
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with experimental methods and testing, reports, regulatory affairs such as UL, FCC, and CE
- Active working knowledge of 3D design software, engineering drawings, creation and interpretation of specifications
- Familiarity with general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Python, C/C++, Matlab
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills with proven track record of translating strategy into execution and results
- Goal-driven, confident self-starter with a willingness to continually embrace professional development and passion to excel
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
If interested, please e-mail email@example.com with a letter of interest and a CV/resume.