NoMo Diagnostics is a concussion detection platform company spun out of Columbia University leveraging a brain-computer interface that will identify brain injury in real-time as contact sport athletes and military personnel encounter mechanical forces to the head that may lead to trauma. The technology enabled by novel biosensors, a miniaturized quantitative electroencephalogram, and integrated software with telemetry functionality will monitor brain health and send an alert to the sideline or military command when a concussion is detected. We are pursuing an FDA approval for the technology.
In this position you will have responsibility for coordinating overall product design, project scope, features, and functional requirements. You will maintain interface with academic co-founders, external contract developers, and internal team to ensure smooth development through all tested phases (system integration, verification, and validation). Your compliance to current medical device design control guidance is critical to the ultimate regulatory approval of the product.
Factors for success in this role are directly linked to taking in user-centered research, translating into design specifications while ensuring regulatory requirements are met. A deep appreciation for protecting patient information through a combination of device and companion software with secure data management is essential.
Additionally, you will be challeneged to grow the intellectual property portfolio of the company and serve as the Primary Investigator for a Department of Defense grant.
- MS or Ph.D degree in electrical or biomedical engineering
- 5+ years hands-on product development engineering, 2+ years managing team of design engineers, and working with cross-functional virtual teams including Contract Development Outsourcing, Product Management, Production, Quality, Suppliers, etc.
- Experience with custom integrated circuit design and system integration is a requirement
- Ability to rapidly prototype real features in a startup environment
- Experience in brain computer interface and advanced algorithm development is a plus (e.g. qEEG)
- Product development experience including concept through production, incorporating DFMA, FMEA
- Strong project management, resource management, troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with experimental methods and testing, reports, regulatory affairs such as UL, FCC, and CE
- Active working knowledge of 3D design software, engineering drawings, creation and interpretation of specifications
- Experience with medical device based products undergoing regulatory review by health authorities (e.g. FDA)
- Familiarity with general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Python, C/C++, Matlab
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills with proven track record of translating strategy into execution and results
- Goal-driven, confident self-starter with a willingness to continually embrace professional development and passion to excel
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented culture
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
If interested, please e-mail email@example.com with a letter of interest and a CV/resume.