mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for the full-time position of Corporate Development Associate to help with the day-to-day corporate engagement activities, and develop and maintain positive relations with existing partners. The Associate is a representative of mHUB, engaged in identifying opportunities and develop partnerships through value creation. mHUB is seeking a motivated self-starter who can help support the rapid growth and scaling of the organization. This is an exciting position as it will be positioned to support all facets of the business including but not limited to corporate partnerships, memberships and innovation services. We are looking for a creative thinker with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about the technology world and helping Chicago’s economy grow.
Description of Responsibilities
The Corporate Development Associate is a full-time position that reports to the Chief Executive Officer with primary responsibilities which include the following:
· Function as a leader in the development and acquisition of corporate partners, memberships and innovation services, sub-tenants, and other revenue generating activities;
· Manage and grow relationships with an existing portfolio of strategic partners using a proactive and service-oriented approach; increase opportunities for event-based sponsorship while exploring ways to have deeper involvement outside of corporate recruiting;
· Analyze and report on trends regarding our fundraising efforts;
· Continue to build infrastructure and fundraising systems;
· Research, identify, and solicit partnerships with new external organizations and corporations;
· Collaborate with mHUB leadership, and Governing Board to create strategic plans for development efforts, including but not limited to: corporate partnerships, sponsorships, foundation relations and individual giving;
· Represent mHUB at networking events, expanding brand reach and awareness
· Support business strategies across the organization, performing tasks essential to identify and maximize revenue;
· Set realistic but ambitious revenue targets along with the strategies to achieve those goals;
· Work with leadership to identify new opportunities for new programming or initiatives; assist in the execution of programming innovations as appropriate;
· Create content, write, and edit external communications for social media, solicitation letters, and other pieces as needed;
· Ensure a culture of data-informed decision making within the function
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
· College degree required, advanced degree preferred;
· 2 to 5 years of experience in development including successful management and cultivation of corporate partnerships
· High level of motivation and drive; ability to work effectively as part of a team but confident in making decisions and driving projects independently;
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to tailor messages to the priorities and interests of diverse audiences;
· Strong writingand verbal skills with a high attention to detail.
· Organizational skills and strong attention to detail are critical;
· Strong personal commitment to support innovation and entrepreneurship and the growth of the Chicago economy;
· Flexibility to travel for events or donor meetings as needed;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Team player who thrives in a fast pace environment;
· Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
· Commitment to the practice of continuous improvement and increased operational efficiency
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by February 23, 2018.
· Cover letter
· 3 References