Membership Development Intern (Summer 2020)
Membership Development Intern
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for an intern as a Membership Development Intern. This individual will be actively engaged in membership development, community outreach, and partnership development. The intern will assist a fast-growing organization to support the needs of nation’s largest innovation center, product development and manufacturing community. mHUB is seeking a motivated, proactive self-starter who is looking to make an impact on the Chicago economy and accelerate their career growth. Strong candidates must be accountable, creative thinkers with relentless drive, with the ability to multitask effectively, work well under pressure, and possess superior interpersonal skills.
Description of Responsibilities
The Membership Development Intern reports to the Membership Development Specialist with primary responsibilities which include the following:
Effective Communication and Education
- Increase mHUB’s presence and brand awareness within the local community.
- Ability to empower and engage our current and prospective community members by identifying their goals and proactively anticipating their needs.
- Willingness to learn the complexities surrounding mHUB resources, machinery, and the processes of manufacturing to relay this information to our members.
- Ability to manage inbound and outbound communications both written and oral, flyer creation and design.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver quality tours and event welcome speeches.
- Participate in department brainstorms for event concept creation.
- Capable of embodying and enforcing mHUB’s Code of Conduct to new and prospective members.
Community Outreach & Partnership Development
- Build and maintain high-level relations with Universities (coordinate with current and prospective campus partners), VC Firms, NGOs, Incubators, local businesses, etc. to increase visibility of the mHUB community by scheduling tours, events management, and in-person meetings.
- Engage with mHUB’s membership base to catalyze growth and drive economic impact, which includes: monthly member 1-on-1’s, keeping a pulse on community needs, while galvanizing resources to cultivate collaboration.
- Effectively track, analyze, and provide status reports on potential leads in targeted verticals; achieve agreed upon targets and outcomes.
- Represent the mHUB brand externally by attending outside/internal events across Chicago and encouraging organizers to host events at mHUB.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- A charismatic, confident, independent and creative individual with experience in providing support in a professional work environment.
- Strong relationship building skills and familiarity with the local community.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at membership events is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Stipend and Duration
- Monthly stipend provided
- Flexible start and end date
To apply, please submit the following items by email to Jeremy@mHUBChicago.com no later than Friday, February 28th, 2020.