Designer/Researcher Specialized in Healthcare and FDA-regulated Devices
Kathryn Mizuchi is a Senior User Researcher on Emergo by UL’s Human Factors Research & Design (HFR&D) team. She has been with the team since 2018, and has a background working in new product development in both medical and consumer categories. She has worked with cross-functional teams throughout the full product development cycle from early research and ideation to design validation, creating products that are both safe and satisfying to use. As part of the Emergo HFR&D team, Kathryn leads early research efforts to identify user needs and to better understand context of use, as it relates to risk potential and overall user experience. She is also knowledgeable in human factors engineering, and is skilled in test administration and data analysis for both formative and summative testing. She holds a B.S. in Industrial Design from the University of Cincinnati.
Her core focus areas include:
- Planning, managing, and conducting user research to identify user needs.
- Planning, managing, and conducting usability tests throughout the product development process.
- Performing analysis activities including task analysis, use-related risk analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Applying human factors design principles to perform expert reviews.
- Supporting the design (and redesign) of products, use instructions, and user interfaces that facilitate intuitive and safe use.
Book a Time with Kathryn Mizuchi
Select a time below to book an appointment