mHUB is looking for a passionate self-starter to fill the role of Event Coordinator, which aids in the execution of all event related activities. The Event Coordinator position is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Marketing. The role offers an opportunity to have a seat at the table in setting the trajectory for the brand of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing physical product innovation center.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Event Coordinator consist of the following:
- Manage and own all mHUB brand events including the annual Product Showcase & Demo Day, Industry Disruptor series, and community-focused events.
- Evaluate 3rd party events, ensuring alignment with mHUB brand mission.
- Secure $200,000+ in event revenue annually and serve as main contact and organizer of for all external events in the space.
- Design and produce the best quality events, with attention to the details, ensuring a flawless experience for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners and volunteers.
- Develop long-term strategy that demonstrates continued evolution of key events.
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of large events, handling all planning and logistics.
- Manage and recruit staff, crew, volunteers, and vendors at events.
- Own event-focused marketing, in conjunction with the larger marketing team, including campaigns, collateral, email, social, and other channels.
- Develop emergency plans for events.
- Help with the development of new event concepts.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive vendor list for events, managing relationships with all preferred caterers, producers, etc.
- Negotiate contracts with clients and vendors.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of event production experience.
- College degree required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues.
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply submit the following items:
- Cover letter.
- List of 3-5 professional references with contact information.
- Salary requirements.
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com by May 20th.
Position Open Immediately.