Corporate Partnerships Associate
Corporate Partnerships Leader
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for the full-time position of Corporate Partnerships Leader to help with the day-to-day corporate engagement activities, develop and maintain positive relations with existing partners, and work with the Corporate Partnerships team to grow and expand our partnership resources and leads. The Leader is a representative of mHUB, engaged in identifying opportunities and develop partnerships through value creation. This individual will be instrumental in the development and launch of a new accelerator program focused on connecting industry with high-potential physical product startups. mHUB is seeking a motivated self-starter who can help support the rapid growth and scaling of the organization. This is an exciting role as it will be positioned to support all facets of the business including but not limited to corporate partnerships, memberships and innovation services. We are looking for a creative thinker with excellent interpersonal skills who enjoys the fast pace of an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about the technology world and helping Chicago’s economy grow.
Description of Responsibilities
The Corporate Partnerships Leader is a full-time position that reports to the Chief Executive Officer with primary responsibilities which include the following:
- Function as a leader in the development and acquisition of corporate partners, memberships and innovation services, sub-tenants, and other revenue generating activities;
- Manage and grow relationships with an existing portfolio of strategic partners using a proactive and service-oriented approach; increase sponsorship opportunities through events, startup engagement, investment, and tracking of engagement.
- Drive sales and growth across fundraising team for specific fundraising efforts; develop collateral, define best practices, manage outreach, and maintain a tempo for events-based fundraising.
- Analyze and report on trends regarding our fundraising efforts;
- Continue to build and contribute to infrastructure and fundraising systems;
- Research, identify, and solicit partnerships with new external organizations and corporations;
- Collaborate with mHUB leadership, and Governing Board to create strategic plans for development efforts, including but not limited to: corporate partnerships, sponsorships, foundation relations and individual giving;
- Represent mHUB at networking events, expanding brand reach and awareness
- Support business strategies across the organization, performing tasks essential to maximizing revenue;
- Set realistic but ambitious revenue targets along with the strategies to achieve those goals;
- Work with leadership to identify new opportunities for new programming or initiatives; assist in the execution of programming innovations as appropriate;
- Create content, write, and edit external communications for social media, solicitation letters, and other pieces as needed;
- Ensure a culture of data-informed decision making within the function;
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- College degree required, advanced degree preferred;
- Min. 3 to 5 years of experience in business development, sales, or account management, experience in developing corporate partnerships or corporate fundraising preferred;
- High level of motivation and drive; ability to work effectively as part of a team but confident in making decisions and driving projects independently;
- Strong personal commitment to support innovation and entrepreneurship and the growth of the Chicago economy;
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce, Zoho, Hubspot, etc.) and Microsoft Suite;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to tailor messages to the priorities and interests of diverse audiences;
- Strong writing and verbal skills with a high attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail are critical;
- Flexibility to travel for events or donor meetings as needed;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Team player who thrives in a fast pace environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
- Commitment to the practice of continuous improvement and increased operational efficiency
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by Sunday, April 1, 2019
- Cover letter
- 3 References