Member Development Specialist
Member Development Specialist
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for a full-time position as a Member Development Specialist. This individual will be actively engaged in membership relations, community outreach, and partnership development. The Specialist will assist a fast-growing organization to support the needs of nation’s largest innovation center, product development and manufacturing community. mHUB is seeking a motivated, proactive self-starter who is looking to make an impact on the Chicago economy and accelerate their career growth. Strong candidates must be accountable, creative thinkers with relentless drive, with the ability to multitask effectively, work well under pressure, and possess superior interpersonal skills.
Description of Responsibilities
The Member Development Services primary responsibilities which include the following:
Community Outreach & Partnership Development
· Build and maintain high-level relations with Universities (coordinate with current and prospective campus partners), VC Firms, NGOs, Incubators, local businesses, etc. to increase visibility of the mHUB community by scheduling tours, events management, and in-person meetings.
· Engage with mHUB’s membership base to catalyze growth and drive economic impact, which includes: monthly member 1-on-1’s, keeping a pulse on community needs, while galvanizing resources to cultivate collaboration.
· Effectively track, analyze, and provide status reports on potential leads in targeted verticals; achieve agreed-upon targets and outcomes.
· Represent the mHUB brand externally by attending outside/internal events across Chicago and encouraging organizers to host events at mHUB.
· Educating current members on the resources available to the community and providing hands-on support resolving member inquiries in a timely fashion.
· Ability to effectively act as a backup for weekly new member orientation sessions.
· Brainstorm and spearhead 3-5 member-focused events per month from conception to execution.
· Fully manage events including: catering, setup, networking, and breakdown.
· Lead monthly recurring membership activities: Founder’s Lunch, New Member Welcome Lunch, biweekly happy hours, to name a few.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with our programming department to match member needs with community resources.
· Regularly soliciting feedback from members to further inform mHUB growth and value strategy.
· Track and manage inventory (lockers, shelves, parking) using our in-house CRM.
· Take ownership in ensuring mHUB’s coworking space and facility remain orderly and welcoming to visitors and members alike.
· Manage membership upgrades, downgrades, and the cancellation process to support member retention.
Effective Communication and Education
· Increase mHUB’s presence and brand awareness within the local community.
· Ability to empower and engage our current and prospective community members by identifying their goals and proactively anticipating their needs.
· Willingness to learn the complexities surrounding mHUB resources, machinery, and the processes of manufacturing to relay this information to our members.
· Ability to manage inbound and outbound communications both written and oral, including developing content for our biweekly member newsletter, flyer creation and design, and contact us requests.
· Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver quality tours and event welcome speeches.
· Participate in department brainstorms for event concept creation.
· Capable of embodying and enforcing mHUB’s Code of Conduct to new and prospective members.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
· Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
· 2+ years of prior work experience in business development, account management and marketing.
· A charismatic, confident, independent and creative individual with experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment and customer service/relations.
· Strong relationship building skills and familiarity with the local community.
· Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at membership events is required.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders.
· Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
· Access to a personal vehicle a plus.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com.
· Cover letter
· 3 Recommendations