Programs Marketing Intern (Summer 2020)
Programs Marketing Intern
Programs Marketing Intern - part to full-time
Timing: May/June - end of summer
Number of Hours: 30-40 hours per week with a flexible schedule
Compensation: Stipend available for the duration of the Internship
Location: Chicago, IL
mHUB seeks an intern to support the design, development, and execution of all available programs. The programs team is at the core of mHUB’s service offerings by providing business and technical training to entrepreneurs and manufacturing innovators with a goal of launching successful product-based companies into market. The department strategizes and implements new programming initiatives that meet the needs of mHUB members including educational curriculum, management of the Mentorship Program, and implementing events, workshops, and speaker series.
The selected intern will be fully immersed in mHUB’s culture of innovation with opportunities to attend cutting-edge events discussing the latest trends in product innovation. All team members including interns directly support our mission to drive physical product innovation and help the Midwest continue to be a leading manufacturing community
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Position is open immediately
Description of Responsibilities:
- Support the planning and execution of all programming activities
- Support communications and relations with educators and mentors
- Draft, develop and publish marketing assets and content for day-to-day marketing of programs both internally and externally, including social media posts, blog posts, email marketing blasts, and slack posts
- Design programming promotional material including flyers, half sheets, infographics, and more
- Support collection of data such as tracking class participation and developing reports on survey data
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should be working towards a bachelor’s degree or enrolled in a graduate program.
- Experience with Illustrator and/or InDesign platforms is preferred.
- Experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment and customer service/relations.
- Marketing course work required
- Independence and creativity are a must, along with experienced writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have an enthusiastic interest in manufacturing, technology, or entrepreneurship.
- Startup industry knowledge or experience in programs is a plus.
- Comfortable with fast paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude. Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus. Willingness and ability to occasionally spend evenings and weekends at programing events is preferred.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references with contact information