mHUB seeks an Accounting Manager to establish and lead the accounting department. The Accounting Manager will define internal controls, establish accounting processes and create policies & procedures to run the organization more effectively.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for diving into the day-to-day accounting activities, while also creating a month-end financial package presented to mHUB’s Board of Directors. The Accounting Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Position Open Immediately.
Description of Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is passionate about accounting and who would be excited to:
- Reconcile CRM transactions with the Accounting system (QuickBooks) and the Bank.
- Work with our CRM vendor to create necessary updates to improve system functionality.
- Establish internal accounting controls in order to reduce the number of accounts in the chart of accounts.
- Create monthly financial reporting package, which includes the P&L, BS, Cash flow statement and Flash Report.
- Manage business cash flow and develop a sophisticated cash flow model.
- Work with Management to develop a yearly budget and a quarterly current forecast.
- Help develop presentations for the Board of Directors.
- Perform sales analysis in order to provide guidance to management on how to best grow the business.
- Develop strategies to reduce operational costs and maximize programming profitability.
- Help hire a direct report to assist with bookkeeping.
- Organize and provide insight during Board of Directors Finance Committee meetings.
- Perform scenario analysis for program investments, sponsorship funding, and membership growth.
- Oversee credit card usage and monitor bank activity.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience and a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience. Non-profit experience and/or consulting experience is a plus.
- The candidate must have a bachelor's or master’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or business management. CPA is a plus.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and treat the business as if it was their own.
- Must be good at Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to learn quickly and come up with unique solutions to problems. Prefer candidates with QuickBooks experience, CRM experience, and process design experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments specifically with tech startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital is highly preferred.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by Friday, July 24, 2020.