Corporate Partnerships Intern (Summer 2020)
Corporate Partnerships Intern
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for a full-time internship position as a Corporate Partnerships Intern. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience with corporate engagement activities. The intern will assist a fast-growing organization to support the needs of nation’s largest innovation center, product development and manufacturing community. mHUB is seeking a motivated, proactive self-starter who is looking to make an impact on the Chicago economy and accelerate their career growth. Strong candidates must be accountable, creative thinkers with relentless drive, with the ability to multitask effectively, work well under pressure, and possess superior interpersonal skills.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
- Support prospecting and lead generation efforts.
- Learn business development tactics to attract potential partners and members.
- Support development of partner recap presentations and marketing collateral.
- Update team on relevant industry news.
- Brainstorm ideas for future partnership or brand engagement.
- Assist team with overall day to day tasks with corporate partners and other duties as assigned.
- Represent the mHUB brand externally by attending outside/internal events across Chicago.
- Willingness to learn the complexities surrounding mHUB resources, machinery, and the processes of manufacturing.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Passion to learn and work with entrepreneurs and technology.
- A charismatic, confident, independent and creative individual with experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment and customer service/relations.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at events is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Duration
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com
- Cover letter
- 3 Recommendations