mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for a full-time position as a Bookkeeper. This individual will actively monitor, allocate and track revenues and expenses while also supporting management of accounts receivables. The Bookkeeper will assist a fast-growing organization to support the needs of nation’s largest innovation center, product development and manufacturing community. mHUB is seeking a motivated, proactive self-starter who is looking to make an impact on the Chicago economy and accelerate their career growth. Strong candidates must be accountable, detail oriented with relentless drive, with the ability to multitask effectively, and work well under pressure.
Description of Responsibilities
The Bookkeeper reports to the Controller with primary responsibilities which include the following:
- Allocation of expense transactions
- Allocation or revenue transactions
- Issue invoices to customers
- Reconcile customer charges with receivables
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Input Payables
- Review employee expense reports
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or business administration, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- 1-4 years of prior work experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online. Additional experience working with other financial management software a plus.
- Experience working with merchant accounts and CRM systems a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by Friday, January 3, 2020.
- Cover letter
- 2 Recommendations