Prototyping Shop Technician
Prototyping Shop Technician
mHUB is actively recruiting a prototyping shop technician. The position is part of a small, collaborative team charged with assisting members in the operation of equipment and fabrication of product prototypes. mHUB's prototyping shop includes approximately $5M of manufacturing and prototyping equipment. The prototyping shop technician is a full-time position that reports to the shop director.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the prototyping shop technician consist of the following:
- Monitor the activities in the prototyping shop for safe and appropriate use.
- Train mHUB members to use equipment safely and efficiently.
- Maintain equipment. Monitor and maintain tool inventory and supplies.
- Conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Work with the shop staff and mHUB leadership to prioritize projects.
- Provide a high level of customer service to our members.
- Assist in the overall operation of the mHUB innovation center.
- Assist in the creation of training and certification material.
- Maintain a professionally clean and organized shop including labs, supply rooms, storage, etc.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, or fabrication is preferred.
- Professional or academic shop or fabrication experience is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and technical capacity to maintain a diverse set of prototyping equipment.
- Experience operating and repairing tools and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of several prototyping methods, and the ability to become competent in all the areas listed below.
- Electronics breadboard prototyping and through-hole and SMT fabrication
- CNC mill and lathe machining in plastic and metal
- Metal fabrication including laser cutting, welding, and finishing
- 3D Printing. including FDM, Polyjet, SLA, and SLS
- Woodworking including mold making and CNC router work.
- CAD and CAM software such as Solidworks and Fusion 360
- An effective problem solver with an eye for the identification of potential problems.
- Team player who is dependable and has a good attendance record.
- The ability to teach technical concepts to new users with patience and consistency.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
Please fill out the survey on this page: mHUB prototyping Shop Technician. Be prepared to upload a resume and cover letter.
Applicants must fill out the survey to be considered.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
mHUB is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization.