Community Relations Intern (Summer 2020)
Membership Relations Intern
Community Relations Intern
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for a full-time internship position as a Community Relations Intern. This individual will be actively engaged in assisting membership relations and community outreach efforts. The intern will assist a fast-growing organization to support the needs of nation’s largest innovation center, product development and manufacturing community. mHUB is seeking a motivated, proactive self-starter who is looking to make an impact on the Chicago economy and accelerate their career growth. Strong candidates must be accountable, creative thinkers with relentless drive, with the ability to multitask effectively, work well under pressure, and possess superior interpersonal skills.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Description of Responsibilities
The Community Relations Intern Position reports to the Membership and Programs Manager with primary responsibilities which include the following:
- Support educating current members on the resources available to the community and providing hands-on support resolving member inquiries
- Support monthly member events including: catering, setup, networking, and breakdown.
- Support cross-function collaboration with other departments to match member needs with community resources.
- Regularly soliciting feedback from members to further inform mHUB growth and value strategy.
- Take ownership in ensuring mHUB’s coworking space and facility remain orderly and welcoming to visitors and members alike.
Effective Communication and Education
- Willingness to learn the complexities surrounding mHUB resources, machinery, and the processes of manufacturing to relay this information to our members.
- Assist inbound and outbound communications both written and oral, including developing content for our biweekly member newsletter, flyer creation and design, and contact us requests.
- Capable of embodying and support enforcing mHUB’s Code of Conduct to new and prospective members.
- Represent the mHUB brand externally by attending outside/internal events across Chicago and encouraging organizers to host events at mHUB.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Passion to learn and work with entrepreneurs and technology.
- Startup industry knowledge or experience in programming is a plus.
- A charismatic, confident, independent and creative individual with experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment and customer service/relations.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at membership events is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Duration
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by April 15th, 2019.
- Cover letter
- 3 Recommendations