mHUB Engagement Coordinator
mHUB is seeking an Engagement Coordinator to support our innovation center’s engagement experience. This role is an integral part of the mHUB team, acting as the front line of support at the front desk for members, visitors and the broader innovation ecosystem as well as acting as the liaison for new member onboarding, member communications and leading community engagement events and initiatives. This customer-service minded, compassionate and dedicated advocate will work to build a vibrant culture of connectivity, innovation, and comradery at mHUB.
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter and creative thinker who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced environment, works well with a team, has a strong customer service spirit, has excellent interpersonal skills, and is passionate about innovation, manufacturing, and helping to grow Chicago’s regional economy.
Front Desk Duties:
- Greet and direct members, partners, vendors, staff, and visitors at mHUB
- Ensure all visitors are verified and entered into our visitor management system
- Receive and answer all incoming telephone calls, appropriately directing calls and manage all voicemail received during off hours
- Issue member and visitor badges as necessary
- Oversee self-service conference rooms managed through a reservation system
- Manage and organize all USPS mail and scan and tag all incoming packages
- Monitor community printer performance by periodically testing the printouts/photocopies and coordinate maintenance with the supplier
Member Engagement Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service to our members, guests and industry partners, proactively communicating issues and quickly resolving or elevating,
- Get to know our member community and become a trusted “go to” for information, support and positivity,
- Coordinate community engagement events that include but are not limited to happy hours, member lunches, meetups, etc.
- Create and promote event and educational programming flyers as needed
- Support member communication through e-newsletter bi-weekly communication, slack communications, etc.
- Ensure member benefits such as free coffee/tea are in working order and regularly replenished
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- Proven 1-2 years’ work experience as a concierge, receptionist, office assistant, customer service or similar role
- Customer service-driven individual with friendly outgoing personality
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Professional attitude
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Google Suites, Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Salary and Duration
Full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply and be considered for this role, please complete this form.