Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
mHUB’s Digital Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping brand authority and providing meaningful interactions for the physical product and manufacturing communities. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Digital Marketing Manager will align digital strategies with the organization’s thought leadership, audience development, and conversion goals, ultimately bolstering the Midwest as a leader in manufacturing innovation.
This is a multi-channel role requiring a breadth of knowledge. This includes both organic and paid campaign planning, execution, and tracking across web, mobile, and social as well as content management for three domain properties: mhubchicago.com; mhubaccelerator.com; and mhubhd.com. Candidates should be data-driven with experience leveraging analytics, SEO, and SEM tools to provide actionable strategies that support growth and conversion through content and UX.
What we’re looking for
- Right brain – left brain balance. This role requires someone who can dive into the nitty-gritty details of keyword research, page optimizations, link building, and analytics triggers while contributing to the creative messaging and branding that is built from resulting data. If you look at a great piece of content and appreciate both its creative direction as well as how it was technically optimized to drive results – this opportunity is for you.
- Organic champion who dabbles in paid. Rooted in content and SEO know-how, the Digital Marketing Manager should be able to support the Director of Marketing in PPC planning, alongside a digital agency partner, for search, display, and social.
- Entrepreneurial problem solver. mHUB is a 501 (c)(3) founded in 2017 to convene the entrepreneurial and manufacturing ecosystems around hardtech innovation. We’re a group of “can do” professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives everything we do. Our organization and mission is growing, which means our existing systems, processes, and brand strategies need to scale to meet new audiences and objectives. The Digital Marketing Manager will be involved in scaling our digital presence and tactics and should be excited by the opportunity.
- Accountable and enjoys ownership. As part of an agile marketing team, the role requires someone who can take ownership of digital initiatives with the ability to report on both campaign level KPIs as well as broader metrics that support the organization’s various business units and leadership.
- Team player. mHUB’s marketing team supports three core business units: the innovation center, contract hardtech development services, and our incubator alongside its supporting venture fund. The position requires someone who can work and prioritize across various departments, and with excellent communication and project management skills, to ensure deadlines and objectives are met.
- Excited by our mission. The right candidate should be passionate about hardtech and manufacturing innovation and want to contribute to building local economies and communities through collaboration and access.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years in digital marketing;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Experience in a multi-channel digital marketing/communications role and familiarity with SEO, SEM, social, content and analytics;
- Passion and hunger to keep on top of social and digital trends and tools;
- Experience with Wordpress and/or other CMS platforms;
- Ability to read and write basic HTML;
- Prior experience gathering business requirements and translating them into conversion-oriented digital experiences;
- Experience with planning and measurement tools, including the Google Marketing Platform; keyword management tools such as Semrush; and social media planning tools such as Sprout Social.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp with the ability to support list segmentation from online conversion points;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a propensity for quality and creativity in problem-solving;
- Ability to learn quickly and juggle projects simultaneously to meet deadlines;
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment.
$65,000 - $72,000. Competitive benefits package.
To apply submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Portfolio including 1-2 sample digital campaigns and associated outcomes
- 3 professional references will be requested during interview process
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com.