SME Engagement Associate
SME Engagement Associate
SME Engagement Associate
mHUB is actively recruiting candidates for the full-time position of Small-to-Medium Enterprise (SME) Manufacturer Engagement Associate to lead new business generation for mHUB Product Development (PD) services. mHUB PD provides manufacturers access to mHUB’s highly skilled engineering and design talent to collaborate on product innovation. mHUB PD revenue has grown over 300% since the pilot in 2018 with expected growth opportunity to double in 2021.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and steadfast individual who is eager to be the first point of contact for new SME clients who need support from mHUB’s consulting, innovation, and brainstorming services. The Associate will be a critical team member to build and develop new relationships, fill pipelines and drive sales to expand the reach and brand of mHUB innovation.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the SME Engagement Associate consist of the following:
SME Engagement & Outreach:
- Acquire new clients, build and maintain high-level connections with local small to mid-level manufacturing firms to increase visibility of our product development program through lead cultivation and account management
- Generate leads through prospecting, events, and cold calling, through video conferencing tools and in-person
- Understand the challenges and R&D needs of SMEs and help them identify new product or process innovation opportunities
- Ability to review and respond to RFPs, deliver quotes, negotiate sales contracts.
Marketing & Events Management:
- Attend tradeshows, marketing, networking events and client meetings to sell service offerings (virtual and/or onsite)
- Work closely with the marketing department to create and manage advertisements, lead generation campaigns, and vertical market plans. Maintain alignment with mHUB’s overall strategy, mission, and core values.
- Increase mHUB’s presence and brand awareness within the community-at-large
Reporting & Cross-Function Relations:
- Effectively track, analyze, and provide status reports on potential leads in targeted verticals; ability to utilize our CRM to achieve agreed upon targets and outcomes
- Maintain realistic and SMART forecasts, while driving continuous improvement around the sales process
- 90% of your time will be client facing; you will measure the pulse of the market, manage client expectations and communicate relevant information back to the organization through regular interactions with mHUB PD and Marketing
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree – business or engineering preferred – with proven success in business, sales, marketing, communication, entrepreneurship, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in competitive sales environments especially selling engineering consulting or product development services, including corporate partnerships business development and SME engagement
- Hunter mentality and ability to source and generate leads for potential new business, while executing sales objectives
- Keen ability to build trust and establish long-term relationships with clients
- Must possess a history of establishing a pipeline of business to close deals and achieve revenue goals
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently is a plus, willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at community, membership, and PD events required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism
- Access to a personal vehicle a plus; willingness to travel when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has an impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launchpad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
- Respect and Value Diversity – We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
Salary and Duration
Salary range for this position is $55-60k with a competitive benefits package.
To apply submit the following items:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references with contact information
Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Open Immediately.